A wire hanging kit featuring a clever keyless release mechanism. Suitable for a variety of wire rope suspension applications.
Bartlett School of Architecture - UCL, London
The £20 million Bartlett refurbishment will include demolishing one floor of the building and adding another two, to give eight storeys in total. The entire floor-plate of the existing building will also be increased.
- Building Type: Education
- Location: London
- Contractor: Vaughan Engineering Services
- Services: Mechanical, Electrical and HVAC
The building façade will be stripped back and a full new façade will be created using hand-cut brick. Care has been taken to ensure the design of the building fits in with the surrounding area, which sits within the Bloomsbury Conservation Area, on the southern edge of the Euston Area Plan.
The Gripple Express provided Vaughan Engineering Services with a fast and efficient suspension solution for multi-service rafts, which were installed throughout the building. The rafts were suspended at a variety of angles and the Express enabled the rafts to be installed at waist height before they are lifted into the correct place close to the soffit.
The Express features ergonomic buttons and a keyless release, making finite adjustment even easier. The rafts needed to be joined together once installed, the wire rope kits were flexible and made the final installation simpler. Saving valuable time when compared to traditional methods such as threaded rod, or cumbersome chains.
Installing the rafts at differnt angles with threaded rod or chain would have been an ardous and time consuming task. Using the Gripple Express made this process quick and easy.”
Why use Gripple?
- Significant time and cost savings on your project
- Complete, off-site solutions which minimise health and safety concerns
- Innovative, patented solutions designed by an in-house team of engineers
- Considerable reductions in packaging, vehicle movements & embodied CO2
- A range of support services at every stage of your project, provided by our technical team