Why Join Gripple
Do you want to own it like we do - your job, your career, your own part of our business? Developing new, innovative products is the key to our success, but people are our most valuable asset.
The Gripple Spirit
At Gripple we believe it is our values and our unique culture, in other words, the 'Gripple spirit', which set us apart and are the number one reason why we are able to attract and retain the best people into our business.
We have created and we foster that culture by recruiting people who share our values, committed and hard-working people with vision and passion, and we make sure we look after those people, our greatest asset.
We recognise every individual as a unique person with their own special contribution to make. We therefore work hard to make sure our people are happy and healthy, with a good work/life balance, and generously rewarded for their time, energy and commitment. Some of our benefits include:
- shares in the business
- excellent initial and ongoing training and support
- global opportunities to develop
- flexible working hours
- generous holiday entitlement
- life assurance
- private individual health care
- permanent health insurance scheme
- non-contributory pension scheme
- salary sacrifice schemes
- enhanced family policy
Training & Development
We believe it is vital to equip our employees with the tools they need to fulfil their potential, to be the best they can be. Equally, we expect our people to take ownership of their job, their career and as shareholders, of this business!
All employees have an annual review where behaviour is measured against our key values. Contribution to team goals are discussed and how this links with the business, together with specific achievements and training requirements. We also look to identify any other talents or qualifications which could be useful to the wider business. We also look to involve our people in such activities as:
- continuous improvement projects
- community and charity events
- innovation projects
- training, mentoring and coaching others
Supporting the Community
Corporate social responsibility has become increasingly fashionable – which is no bad thing – but building long-term relationships with local suppliers wherever possible, working within the community, supporting local schools and charities has always been part of who we are.
It is an ethos that began back in 1989 at our head office in Sheffield, and continues across all our sites worldwide today:
- each year, Gripple donates 1% of its profits to charity
- employees are encouraged, indeed, expected to do their bit – it is one of the values we measure our people against
- we work closely with a number of educational bodies, welcoming placement students and giving careers talks
- teams of volunteers are involved in ‘people power’ projects in the community