GRIPPLE FOUNDER PRAISES STAFF FOLLOWING OBE AWARD
The chairman of Sheffield-based wire fastener manufacturer Gripple has praised the "hard work and commitment" of the company's employees after being awarded an OBE in the Queen's birthday honours.
Hugh Facey invested and launched the Gripple wire joiner in 1989. The employee-owned business turned over about £67m last year.
The company has four bases in Sheffield as well as operations in Chicago, Strasbourg and New Delhi. It now has 4,000 customers and 650 employees.
Gripple has sold 600 million wire joiners globally, with 85 per cent of production exported to 80 countries.
Hugh Facey is also chairman of Sheffield-based reusable packaging innovator Loadhog, which last year achieved a record £9.6m turnover, representing 26.6 per cent growth.
In a message to the group's staff, Facey said: "This is incredible news and a great honour. I have been thinking about what OBE means as well as officially. I concluded that I received it because of you - Our Brilliant Employees – to thank you for what you do day in day out to create wonderful companies. Pride may be a sin but you make me proud of what you do and what you will continue to do."
Why use Gripple?
- Significant time and cost savings on your project
- Complete, off-site solutions which minimise health and safety concerns
- Innovative, patented solutions designed by an in-house team of engineers
- Considerable reductions in packaging, vehicle movements & embodied CO2
- A range of support services at every stage of your project, provided by our technical team