Gripple passes an impressive milestone & then becomes a TV star
Just days after celebrating the sale of 600 million of its iconic wire fasteners, the Sheffield company was featured on BBC’s The One Show explaining its successful employee policy.
Nick Hewer, of current Countdown fame, spent a full day touring the city’s Gripple factories and interviewed the Gripple chairman, Hugh Facey and many staff. They told Nick how and why the company’s 100% employee-ownership policy benefits them and the manufacturer itself.
The six minutes long Gripple footage on The One Show followed a film report and discussion about the huge number of UK companies which were still not paying staff the minimum wage.
In contrast, when introducing the Gripple report, presenter Matt Baker said: “Let’s now restore your faith in British bosses. This inventor and boss had thrown away the rule box and handed over the company to his staff. He has even scrapped the retirement age. What a company!”
if you missed Gripple's appearance on The One Show, you can still watch it here: fast forward to 41 minutes to watch the feature.
For further press information please contact Margaret Laver at Proactive PR on 07723 010 752 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Why use Gripple?
- Significant time and cost savings on your project
- Complete, off-site solutions which minimise health and safety concerns
- Innovative, patented solutions designed by an in-house team of engineers
- Considerable reductions in packaging, vehicle movements & embodied CO2
- A range of support services at every stage of your project, provided by our technical team