PV Bracing - How it Works
External loads, which are usually applied at the top of the structural legs, translate as a ‘moment’ at the base. The moments can often be quite large due to the length of the frames.
The PV Solar Bracing Kit is designed to reduce the moments in steel frames – reducing the deflection and stress placed on the steel by transferring the force applied at the top of the structural legs into a reduced moment at the bottom. This allows engineers to decrease structural steel sections and foundations, delivering significant material savings whilst improving durability.
Why use Gripple?
- Significant time and cost savings on your project
- Complete, off-site solutions which minimise health and safety concerns
- Innovative, patented solutions designed by an in-house team of engineers
- Considerable reductions in packaging, vehicle movements & embodied CO2
- A range of support services at every stage of your project, provided by a dedicated technical team
- Aesthetically pleasing solutions; lightweight and virtually invisible