Female presence on Gripple board doubles
Gripple, manufacturer of the world-beating wire joiner, has its second female board director, within months of appointing its first.
Clare Legg joined Sheffield-based Gripple in purchase ledger 12 years ago and now on the UK board she is responsible for managing the finance function of the business, applying her expertise as a CIMA qualified chartered management accountant, bookkeeper and a degree in international business with French.
Clare added: “When I joined Gripple the UK accounts department team numbered five and, as Gripple grew over the years, it has grown to 17. I have a great team and a good structure in place capable of supporting the businesses’ growth over many years to come. I am confident that the finance team will continue to develop in line with Gripple’s global vision and to be an integral part of the wider Gripple team.”
Clare’s responsibilities include management and financial accounting, treasury, share administration payroll and year end accounts and budgets.
Managing director, Ed Stubbs commented: “Over the last 18 months Clare has done an excellent job in developing the accounting team to meet the demands of our business, now with nine subsidiaries.
“This appointment will enable Clare and her team to take the finance department forward to maximise the value and efficiency it can bring to the running of the business.”
Why use Gripple?
- Significant time and cost savings on your project
- Complete, off-site solutions which minimise health and safety concerns
- Innovative, patented solutions designed by an in-house team of engineers
- Considerable reductions in packaging, vehicle movements & embodied CO2
- A range of support services at every stage of your project, provided by a dedicated technical team
- Aesthetically pleasing solutions; lightweight and virtually invisible