Apprentice Estelle aims to be a national star
Following a virtual interview with the judging panel of the 2020 MakeUK Manufacturing Awards a Gripple apprentice may be on her way to being the regional winner as the Business Apprentice of the Year: Final Year.
Twenty-one-year-old Estelle Smith has been shortlisted in the North East, Yorkshire and Humber region in the apprentice category of the national scheme.
This award recognises those who have done the most to seize the training and development opportunities presented to them throughout their apprenticeship programme and can show demonstrable results.
After gaining seven GCSEs at Sheffield’s Meadhowhead School, followed by a year’s work experience at a physiotherapy practice, Estelle gained a Level 2 NVQ.
Estelle then joined the internal sales department as a Gripple apprentice in 2016, where she gained a Level 3 NVQ and is now working towards completing the final technical side of Level 4 NVQ.
From her start at the noteworthy manufacturing company Estelle has been an internal sales administrator for Gripple Europe and given a full-time contract.
Her manager, Kirsty Royston said: “Estelle always works very hard and has strengthened customer relationships to the highest level, both directly on the telephone and via email, ensuring that all concerned fully understand the processes involved.”
In addition, Gripple itself is shortlisted in two of the regional MakeUK Manufacturing Awards business categories - Developing Future Talent and Business Growth and Strategy.
All the winners will be announced on October 13th.
For further press information please contact Margaret Laver at Proactive PR on 07723 010 752 or email@example.com.
Why use Gripple?
- Significant time and cost savings on your project
- Complete, off-site solutions which minimise health and safety concerns
- Innovative, patented solutions designed by an in-house team of engineers
- Considerable reductions in packaging, vehicle movements & embodied CO2
- A range of support services at every stage of your project, provided by a dedicated technical team
- Aesthetically pleasing solutions; lightweight and virtually invisible