For the suspension of a variety of services, including electrical and mechanical containment where fire resistance is required.
Stansted Airport College, Essex
An £11 million investment has been put forward for the new Stansted airport college which will train up to 500 individuals each year in technical services, traineeships and apprenticeships with a focus on aviation, business, engineering and aircraft maintenance as well as hospitality, retail and events management.
- Building Type: New Build / Education
- Location: Essex
- Main Contractor: Willmott Dixon
- MEP Contractor: Kershaw Mechanical Services
- Services: HVAC & Electrical Containment
The development of the college is critical to supporting Stansted’s ambitious future growth plans and will provide skilled on-site workers and training opportunities for young people in the regional community surrounding the airport. The two-storey facility has been built on a one-acre site on land made available by the airport near the long-stay car park and Novotel Hotel.
Kershaw Mechanical were appointed to the installation of a new heating system installed via gas-fired boilers and hot water generation and domestic services distribution and drainage. The electrical elements included power, data and lighting installations, fire and intruder alarm systems, CCTV and security systems as well as lightning protection and external lighting.
In order to complete the work with ease, Gripple’s Trapeze Plus FR was used to suspend the electrical containment as the contractors required a quick turnaround. Gripple’s Duct Trapeze system was used to suspend rectangular ductwork on this project. The Duct Trapeze comes with an adjustment pin that allows for rapid adjustment and no setting key is required. No tools or a “Hot Works” permit was required for installation, providing health and safety on-site.
“I used Gripple everywhere possible within the site, and have used it previously in jobs so have a great understanding on how easy and quick the products are to suspend.”
Why use Gripple?
- Significant time and cost savings on your project
- Complete, off-site solutions which minimise health and safety concerns
- Innovative, patented solutions designed by an in-house team of engineers
- Considerable reductions in packaging, vehicle movements & embodied CO2
- A range of support services at every stage of your project, provided by our technical team