Gripple volunteers fit for the screen again
Once again Gripple, Sheffield’s celebrated manufacturer, will appear on primetime television after six of its staff volunteered to take part in a new BBC One documentary presented by Dr Michael Mosley. ‘The Truth About Getting Fit’ show goes out on Wednesday 31st January at 8.00pm.
The male and female Gripple staff needed to be between 40 and 60 years and not involved currently in any structured fitness activity, other than walking!
The volunteers, from Gripple’s factory floors and office departments, were filmed for a full day as they worked at the Gripple HQ, The Old West Gun Works and the company’s Riverside factory.
The six were ‘put through their paces’ for a few days whilst being monitored by scientists from Sheffield Hallam University.
At the end of a week the results of the volunteers’ efforts were revealed by Michael Mosley and Prof Robert Copeland from the university when they visited the HQ for filming as part of the show.
One of the volunteers, Judy Rodgers, a sales and research co-ordinator, said: “I recommend that people watch the documentary. I am sure it will make them think and realise the importance of getting fit.”
For further press information please contact Margaret Laver at Proactive PR on 07723 010 752 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why use Gripple?
- Significant time and cost savings on your project
- Complete, off-site solutions which minimise health and safety concerns
- Innovative, patented solutions designed by an in-house team of engineers
- Considerable reductions in packaging, vehicle movements & embodied CO2
- A range of support services at every stage of your project, provided by our technical team