Gripple Features in The Employee Ownership Top 50 2022 Report
We are pleased to announce that we have been featured in the Employee Ownership Top 50 Report as one of the fifty largest employee-owned companies in the UK, ranking at number 20 in the list.
As part of the Top 50, the business contributes to the positive performance of the top end of the employee ownership sector, with a combined sales value of £21.7bn and combined employees of more than 181,000.
The Top 50 list, complied by RM2 in partnership with the EOA, covers independent UK-registered companies that are at least 25% owned by their employees on a broad basis and UK subsidiaries of non-UK companies that are more than 75% employee owned.
The 2022 report shows the highest movers as Mott MacDonald from third to second place and Howden Group in fifth position behind regular table leaders Arup, and John Lewis Partnership. New to the Top 50 are Foster + Partners Group Ltd, Buckingham Group Contracting Limited, Independence Matters CIC and Go Ape.
The top findings from the report include:
- Combined sales £21.7bn up 2.5%/ up 1.3% like-for-like
- Combine employees 181,213 up 0.5%/ down 0.02% like-for-like
- 60% of Top 50 reported increased sales
- Increase in productivity** median 5.2%/ Like for like 9.4% (5.2% is twice as productive as UK average of 2.6%)
- Wage increase, year on year, 7.8%, 5% Like for Like
Michael Hodgson, GLIDE Chair says:
“We’re delighted to be part of a sector which continues to go from strength to strength, and demonstrate the undoubted value of more inclusive business ownership models, and we’re proud of our people, who continue to drive our businesses forward with passion, integrity and a focus on innovation. We’re in great company in the Top 50 list and our thanks go to our more than 1,000 employee owners around the world for making it happen!”
There are now more than 1,000 businesses that are employee owned in the UK - a sector that contributes over £30bn to UK GDP.
James de le Vingne, Chief Executive of the EOA, said: “We consistently see the employee owned Top 50 outperform the rest of the UK economy when it comes to productivity.
“There is a lot that can be learned from these businesses when it comes to having better governance and oversight and better performance driven by engaged employees. Combined with the recent growth in the sector, employee ownership is proving its relevance as a model fit for unlocking the potential of people, businesses, and the economy.”
To view the full Employee Ownership Top 50 list, please visit:
Why use Gripple?
- Significant time and cost savings on your project
- Complete, off-site solutions which minimise health and safety concerns
- Innovative, patented solutions designed by an in-house team of engineers
- Considerable reductions in packaging, vehicle movements & embodied CO2
- A range of support services at every stage of your project, provided by a dedicated technical team
- Aesthetically pleasing solutions; lightweight and virtually invisible