Gripple Becomes A Cornerstone Employer With The Careers & Enterprise Company
As part of our education engagement strategy, we will continue to strive to work with local schools to support early careers provision for the Sheffield and Rotherham areas. This not only helps us build our talent pipeline, but ensures we do everything we can to remove barriers for young people getting into the workplace.
We are therefore delighted to announce that we have agreed to a new partnership to support young people in South Yorkshire by becoming one of The Careers & Enterprise Company’s Cornerstone Employers and supporting the South Yorkshire Mayoral Combined Authority (SYMCA) Careers Hub*.
Why is this initiative needed?
Regular, meaningful encounters with employers are vital in preparing and inspiring young people for the world of work. Young people experiencing four or more employer encounters are less likely to be not in education, employment or training (NEET) when they leave school. Research from The Careers & Enterprise Company shows that 700,000 more employer encounters and 400,000 more workplace experiences are needed nationally each year before we reach the required volume set out in the Government’s careers strategy.
What does becoming a Cornerstone Employer mean?
Becoming a Cornerstone Employer means we are an ambassador and a champion for social mobility in the Sheffield and Rotherham areas. It provides us with the opportunity to inspire young people to consider a future in our industry and to develop the skills of our future workforce, thereby building our talent pipeline for our business. It also provides volunteering opportunities for employees and enables us to give back to our community and support the local economy.
We are very proud to be a Cornerstone Employer and to support young people in South Yorkshire to prepare for the world of work.
On Wednesday 2nd November we will be attending a Careers Hub event at Magna Science Adventure Centre. The aims of the event will be to:
- Raise the profile of the Cornerstone Employer group with key stakeholders
- Identify what is needed in South Yorkshire to achieve consistently good careers information, advice and guidance
- Inform the strategic direction of the Cornerstone Employer group
What can you do?
Get involved – make a difference
More employers and employees are needed nationally to help prepare and inspire young people for the world of work. We will target young people in Sheffield and Rotherham and help them understand our industry and organisation.
In order to help this mission, you can:
Become a Cornerstone Employer yourself! – your own organisation can become an ambassador and a champion for social mobility in a specific location. Give an hour – deliver careers activities or host a workplace experience.
- Become an Enterprise Adviser – Enterprise Advisers are senior business volunteers who work closely with an individual local school or college to help develop a practical careers plan and strategy.
- Talk to us about how we work with young people – we are happy to share our resources and experiences with you.
- Come to an activity with us – shadow one of our activities in school to see what is involved.
*There are over 300 Cornerstone Employers nationally, committed to working together with networks, the wider business community and schools and colleges to prepare and inspire young people in their local areas for the world of work.
Why use Gripple?
- Significant time and cost savings on your project
- Complete, off-site solutions which minimise health and safety concerns
- Innovative, patented solutions designed by an in-house team of engineers
- Considerable reductions in packaging, vehicle movements & embodied CO2
- A range of support services at every stage of your project, provided by a dedicated technical team
- Aesthetically pleasing solutions; lightweight and virtually invisible