A seismic cable bracing restraint system, designed to secure non-structural equipment during seismic or blast impacts.
Mercy Hospital, Missouri
The 2011 Joplin tornado took more than 160 lives and directly hit the then, St. John’s Regional Medical Centre. Co-workers and volunteers evacuated 183 patients from the badly-damaged facility. The lessons learned during the tornado are evident in approximately $11 million in upgrades specifically designed to harden the new hospital against natural disasters. Gripple products were installed throughout.
- Project Name: Mercy Hospital
- Contractor: U.S. Engineering
- Completion Date:2013
- Building Type & Size:Healthcare, 5 floors
- Application:Seismic Bracing for Duct and Pipe
- Gripple Product Installed: Over 1,000 seismic braces
Why use Gripple?
- Significant time and cost savings on your project
- Considerable reductions in packaging, vehicle movements & embodied CO2
- A range of support services at every stage of your project, provided by our technical team