Cable hanger with one-way fastener for the fast suspension of rectangular duct.
Dodge City High School
The contractor, Kruse Corporation, had some previous experience on another project with Gripple suspension products, so didn’t hesitate to try some newer Gripple products on this job.
- Building Type: High School
- Main Contractor: Kruse Corporation
- Services: Mechanical Equipment, Ductwork, Mechanical & Plumbing Piping
- Gripple Products used: For Plumbing & Piping: Trapeze Plus Hangers, Quick Twist Trapeze Plus Hangers, and Pipe Support Brackets. For HVAC: Gripple Express Hangers and Duct Trapeze Hangers
Dodge City High School is home to approximately 1,900 students, but is undergoing an expansion to accommodate the growing student population. The contractor, Kruse Corporation, had some previous experience on another project with Gripple suspension products, so didn’t hesitate to try some newer Gripple products on this job. According to Phil Thompson, Field Superintendent for Kruse Corporation, “We would absolutely use Gripple again. It sure sped things up. We really liked the way it looked on our Hydronic lines (4 pipes).” Previously the services would have been installed with threaded rod products in conjunction with Unistrut and various piping clamps. The benefits of using Gripple products on this job were apparent to everyone on board. From a labor savings standpoint, the contractor has been able to complete some of the plumbing with 1 laborer instead of 2, allowing them to focus more hours on time-sensitive portions of the job. Phil Thompson estimated approximately 25% labor savings, with the possibility of massive labor savings down the road. Overall the main benefit for Kruse Corporation was the ability to stay on track with the project timeline. In fact, they’re looking at completing the job months early in 2018.
“With Gripple, some of this plumbing installation became a one-man operation, when it normally took two guys before.”
Why use Gripple?
- Significant time and cost savings on your project
- Complete, off-site solutions which minimise health and safety concerns
- Innovative, patented solutions designed by an in-house team of engineers
- Considerable reductions in packaging, vehicle movements & embodied CO2
- A range of support services at every stage of your project, provided by our technical team