Gripple's Universal Brackets are designed for quick and easy support of electrical containment, piping, and other services.
UL Office and Lab, Washington
UL, formerly known as Underwriters Laboratories, is a consumer electronics testing, evaluation, and certification service with dozens of offices and labs worldwide.
- Building Type: 45,503 square foot office and lab facility.
- Main Contractor: Alliant Systems
- Services: VRV Systems
- Gripple Products used: Low Profile Pipe Brackets, Compact Twist Clamps, No.2 XP cable hangers with 90 Degree Eyelet ends, and Spreader Bands
“Best looking final product on the market today and fastest install on the market.”
UL, formerly known as Underwriters Laboratories, is a consumer electronics testing, evaluation, and certification service with dozens of offices and labs worldwide. The company is in the process of relocating from a current facility in Camas, WA to a new facility in Vancouver. Their new 49,503-square-foot facility is currently undergoing renovations to change the internal layout to allow it to be used for UL services, particularly with the addition of lab space. The contractor on this project, Alliant Systems, has chosen Gripple products to suspend 2,0000 linear feet of insulated copper pipe as part of the building’s VRF systems for heating and cooling.
Prior to this project, Alliant Systems had not used Gripple suspension products before. However, the Foreman chose Gripple because the installation time savings were so much more substantial compared to what he would have normally used to install the copper pipe run--specifically strut, pipe clamps, touchdowns, and plastic u-brackets. The Gripple products used were the low profile pipe brackets, compact twist clamps, No.2 XP cable hangers with 90 degree eyelet ends, and spreader bands. In addition to saving time and resulting in an aesthetically pleasing installation, the Foreman commented that Gripple is the best-looking product on the market, with the fastest installation.
Why use Gripple?
- Significant time and cost savings on your project
- Complete, off-site solutions which minimise health and safety concerns
- Innovative, patented solutions designed by an in-house team of engineers
- Considerable reductions in packaging, vehicle movements & embodied CO2
- A range of support services at every stage of your project, provided by our technical team