APEX™ - For the life of the vine
Below ground anchor solution, engineered to deliver time-saving installation and durability to suit all soil types.
Gripple APEX represents the most complete below ground anchor solution on the market today.
An ideal solution for anchoring vineyard and orchard structures, the APEX range offers time and labour saving installation, engineered durability and three different tendon types to suit all soil conditions.
Available in three sizes dependant on the project requirement, the APEX range also offers a choice of tendons – wire rope (WTA), rod (RTA) and fibre (FTA) – to cater for all soil conditions.
The latest addition to the range, the fibre tendon (FTA) variant of the APEX solution offers the most complete protection and longevity of any below ground anchor solution available today. Utilising technology typically used in civil engineering applications to prevent against coastal erosion, the tendon has been repurposed for vineyard and orchard applications and offers compatibility with INOX above ground systems. The fibre tendon delivers certainty on any project; suitable for use in any soil and able to withstand the worst corrosive environments.
How to find your soil type
Step 1 - Glass jar Test
- Add soil to a jar.
- Add 1 tsp of washing detergent & fill the jar with water.
- Replace lid & shake vigorously for 3 mins.
- Settle for 1-2 mins. Mark the sand.
- After 1 hour. Mark the silt.
- After 24 hours. Mark the clay.
Divide the height of each layer with the total height of the soil in the jar, then multiply that result by 100. You get the percentage of each type of element.
Step 2 - Determine Soil Type
How to use the soil triangle:
- Trace line for a percentage of sand.
- Trace line for a percentage of silt.
- Trace line for a percentage of clay.
- Where the lines meet is your soil type!
Step 3 - Choose Tendon
By Soil Type
By Soil Corrosiveness & Drainage (alternative method)
Step 4 - Choose APEX Size
The APEX wire rope tendon can only be used in soil which have a PH level between 4PH - 8.5PH. Rod and fibre tendons are suitable for all soil types.
When using INOX materials, or if you are unsure about the galvanic corrosion, use APEX Anchors with a fibre tendon.
Browse the APEX range
Why Use Gripple?
- Considerable time and cost savings on your project
- Simplified installation, maintenance and repair
- Market-leading solutions
- Innovative, patented solutions designed by an in-house team of engineers
- Strong, long-lasting products
- A complete solution for a wide range of applications