Secures geotextiles whilst promoting vegetation regrowth in erosion control and soil stabilisation applications.
Ehnwihr Hydroelectric Powerplant
A new hydroelectric powerplant was built by the teams from the administrative region near the city of Muttersholtz. For the reinforcement of slopes, they chose Gripple’s Terra-Lock solution over riprap.
Terra-lock system was chosen after a take-off realised by Gripple’s engineering office. This solution allowed us to save 13 000 € on the initial budget.
- Project : Hydroelectric Powerplant
- Location : Muttersholtz, France
- Services : Slope reinforcement
In eastern France, the administrative region had a project to build a hydroelectric powerplant. Initially budgeting riprap for slope reiforcement around the basin, they chose to install our Terra-Lock solution.
After a first on-site visit by our Gripple sales representative, a complete take-off study was realized by our engineering office. The study includes technical recommendations, product details, and certifications.
During the realisation of the project, our sales representative trained the teams to use our solution. On a total surface of 150 m², they installed over 170 TL-100 and TL-A2 anchors, with 430 TL-P to keep the matting in place. The total price of all materials was around 4 000 €, 5 times cheaper than the initially budgeted riprap.
Moreover, installation was carried out in 16 hours, without any of the heavy earth-moving equipment that would have initally been required. This considerably helped to save labor costs and facilitated execution.
For our customer this was a success on all levels : reiforcement of the slope, time, and cost.
|Gripple solution||Traditional method|
|Overview||Geotextile et Anchoring :
GPD et JackJaw
Earth moving equipment
|Material cost||4 000 €||20 000 €|
|Installation time||16 hours||40 hours|
|Total weight of the materials||210 kg||1 Truck + 1 Excavator + 1 Mixer Truck + Concrete + Rocks|
Why use Gripple?
- Significant time and cost savings on your project
- Aesthetic solutions for greener environments
- A lightweight system which minimises health and safety concerns
- Innovative, patented solutions designed by an in-house team of engineers
- Considerable reductions in packaging, vehicle movements and embodied CO2
- A range of support services at every stage of your project, provided by a dedicated technical team