The Gripple Universal Clamp for Piping has a threaded connection at top, and is designed for hanging all types of pipe.
Medical University Health Authority, Cades,SC
Prefabricated pipe racks, featuring the GC2, installed in a one story 80,000 square foot hospital facility.
- Building Type: Hospital
- Main Contractor: The Bell Company
- Building Structure: Concrete
- Services: Domestic Water, Chill Water, Hydronic, Med Gas
“The Gripple GC2 clamp worked much better when needing to insulate piping. With the rubber saddle and sheath covering the cable we were able to maintain our R value and prevent sweating. From a material cost standpoint, supervision and material management this system provided the best value”
The contractor, The Bell Company, was working with prefabricated pipe racks installation on the 80,000 square foot hospital facility.
The project consisted of 535 racks and traditionally would take them 60 minutes to install one rack due to having to install various cushion clamp sizes. The contractor had no previous experience using Gripple. They found that by using the one size fits all Universal GC2 Clamp, they were free from having to do a takeoff to determine OD cushion clamp sizes. This made it much easier on the prefab installers and also helped the field foremen and installers on site by stocking only this product.
Using Gripple over the traditional method on this project saved them 401 hours of installation time and $30,045 total savings.
|Gripple Solution||Traditional Method|
|Overview||GC2||Cushion Clamps/ Split Rings/ U-Bolts|
|Installation time (hr)||134 hours||535 hours|
|Labor rate (per hour)||$45||$45|
|Total labor cost||$6,030||$24,075|
Why use Gripple?
- Significant time and cost savings on your project
- Complete, off-site solutions which minimise health and safety concerns
- Innovative, patented solutions designed by an in-house team of engineers
- Considerable reductions in packaging, vehicle movements & embodied CO2
- A range of support services at every stage of your project, provided by our technical team