A versatile cable suspension system for mechanical & electrical services from different substrates. A ready-to-use wire hanging kit.
Lohia Group, Kanpur
Gripple’s Standard Hangers and Catenary Kits were used throughout this 7 story facility in Kanpur. The speed and ease of Gripple’s suspension systems allowed the project to be completed on time and didn’t overload the existing structure which was the principal concern for the contractor.
- Building type: Industrial
- Main Contractor: Airtech system Pvt ltd
- Application: Clean room panels / HVAC / Plumbing
The Lohia group has setup a greenfield aerospace and defence hardware plant sprawling over 10 acres of land in the city of Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh. The plant being an export oriented unit will be producing composite parts for the aerospace and defence manufacturers and will be positioned to show the ‘Make in India’ capabilities.
Being a PEB structure, the I-beam was the only available part of the structure to vertically suspend the clean room panels and other services. However the distance between the consecutive I-beams was more than 18 meters.
Creating a secondary structure would have added 30 tons of dead load to the original structure. The Gripple catenary solution came in handy and its usage resulted in negligible dead weight of supports being added to the original structure. The catenary solution and prompt design and delivery of the material made ensure the stringent timelines of the project were adhered to.
Our site support team promptly provided the on-site support to the contractor execution team and helped in making the project a success. On-site support from a Gripple representative throughout the project helped to ensure the products were being used in the correct way and aided in the projects on time completion.
Overall, by using the Gripple Standard Hanger with the Loop end fixing, the contractor saved 20 hours of work and a total of 260,000 INR.
“The biggest challenge was not to overload the existing structure and it was easy installing the services at the heights in excess of 10 meters. Furthermore, we managed to carry out the work at faster pace compared to traditional system.”
- Sunil Aggarwal, Director, Airtech Systems Pvt Ltd -
Why use Gripple?
- Significant time and cost savings on your project
- Complete, off-site solutions which minimise health and safety concerns
- Innovative, patented solutions designed by an in-house team of engineers
- Considerable reductions in packaging, vehicle movements & embodied CO2
- A range of support services at every stage of your project, provided by a dedicated technical team
- Aesthetically pleasing solutions; lightweight and virtually invisible