A versatile cable suspension system for mechanical & electrical services from different substrates. A ready-to-use wire hanging kit.
Chennai Airport, Chennai, India
Chennai Airport is building a new integrated terminal inbetween the domestic and international terminals. Gripple supplied its range of Standard Hanger products to this project for the suspension of HVAC services.
- Consultant: AECOM
- MEP Contractor: Bluestar Ltd
- Building Type: Airport
- Application: HVAC
Chennai Airport is building a new integrated terminal in between the domestic and international terminals.
When a Gripple representative first arrived onsite Bluestar Ltd were looking for a time and labour saving suspension solution. Gripple were chosen for this project as they were able to fulfil the contractors request along with helping deliver this project in line with the timelines given by the airport authority.
By choosing to use Gripple’s Standard Hanger range Bluestar were able to install the rectangular ductwork 1.5 times quicker than if they had choosen to install with traditional suspension systems this would have taken them 50% longer.
The ready-to-use kits arrived on site in zone specific boxes, with fewer components taking the weight off the building structure. The system required no tools or ‘hot works’ permits for the installation, this consequently enabled Bluestar to improve health and safety onsite.
As labour savings were a key driving factor for Bluestar by using Gripple alone they saved 800 hours on this project which equates to a saving of 640,000 INR.
Overall, the installation with Gripple products enabled the HVAC services to be installed 20 weeks’ ahead of schedule, and for Bluestar to complete the project in line with the given timescales.
Why use Gripple?
- Significant time and cost savings on your project
- Complete, off-site solutions which minimise health and safety concerns
- Innovative, patented solutions designed by an in-house team of engineers
- Considerable reductions in packaging, vehicle movements & embodied CO2
- A range of support services at every stage of your project, provided by a dedicated technical team
- Aesthetically pleasing solutions; lightweight and virtually invisible