An innovative alternative to stiffening threaded rod without using struts, pipes or clamps
MKT Restaurant, Montreal, Quebec
On a renovation project at the city’s MKT restaurant, Gripple’s Rod Stiffener was used for the bracing of air conditioning units. The easy-to-install nature of the product meant the project’s tight deadline could be met by the Contractor.
| TIME SAVINGS
- Building Type: Commercial
- Main Contractor: AVICOR
- MEP Contractor: Simpkin Electrique
- Building Structure: Concrete
- Services: HVAC
The MKT restaurant is located in downtown Montreal and offers Italian food in a modern environment. During a renovation project at the restaurant, a solution was needed for the bracing of air conditioning units. There was a very tight deadline on the project to ensure that the restaurant could be reopened as planned.
The Gripple Rod Stiffener offers an innovative alternative to stiffening threaded rod without using struts, pipes or clamps. It was chosen for this project due to its quick speed of installation as its ‘click and connect’ mechanism makes installation simple without the need for tools.
The Contractor on the project found that the Rod Stiffener was easy to stock and handle on-site as there are fewer components compared to traditional methods.
The installers found it ‘dummy proof’ and were able to install it easily, epecially as no measuring or cutting is required. The ‘out of the box’ solution removes the need to cut steel strut/pipe to length with a saw on site. This made it easy for the Contractor to manage the job site and to deliver the project on-time and with reduced labour.
The Rod Stiffener has a versatile design, with the addition of a ‘crush tooth’ which allows the stiffener to be installed on 3/8” and 1/2” threaded rod.
“We were working to a tight deadline for this project, and the Gripple solution allowed us to deliver the job on time.”
Martin Moreau, Foreman, Simpkin Electrique
|Gripple Solution||Traditional Method|
|Overview||Rod Stiffener for 3/8” rod||Unistrut and stiffeners|
|Installation time||30 minutes||6 hours|
|Labour rate (per hour)||$60||$60|
|Total labour cost||$30||$360|
Why use Gripple?
- Significant time and cost savings on your project
- Complete, off-site solutions which minimize health and safety concerns
- Innovative, patented solutions designed by an in-house team of engineers
- Considerable reductions in packaging, vehicle movements & embodied CO2
- A range of support services at every stage of your project, provided by a dedicated technical team
- Aesthetically pleasing solutions; lightweight and virtually invisible