We are a market-leading manufacturer of wire joiners and tensioners for agriculture, innovative suspension solutions for construction and various engineered solutions for civil, solar and other infrastructure applications. Employing over 950 people across 15 global locations, we are proud to manufacture across seven sites in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. We are the current ‘Manufacturer of the Year’, and winners of four other prestigious awards from TMMX (The Manufacturer MX Awards) in partnership with the Institution of Mechanical Engineers. We have additional manufacturing and sales hubs located in Chicago, Obernai, Warsaw, Toronto, New Delhi and Kobe. We are a 100% employee-owned company, meaning we have a unique approach to business, characterised by investment in people, innovation and sustainable growth. We use our business as a force for good as certified by becoming a Certified B Corporation™!
In 2022, Gripple were officially recognised for excellence:
- The Manufacturer MX Awards - Manufacturer of the Year
- The Manufacturer MX Awards - Young Manufacturer of the Year
- The Manufacturer MX Awards - Leadership & Strategy
- The Manufacturer MX Awards - Operational Excellence
- The Manufacturer MX Awards - International Trade
- B Corporation™ Certification
- Planet Mark Certification
One particularly damp day in 1985, a wire-salesman and budding entrepreneur named Hugh Facey found himself on a wet hillside in Wales discussing the woes of fencing with a frustrated farmer. Aggravated by cumbersome ways of joining fence wires by bending and knotting, he bemoaned the lack of alternatives.