A seismic cable bracing restraint system designed to secure non-structural equipment during seismic events.
Half Moon Bay Public School, Ottawa, Ontario
On the Half Moon Bay project, the contractor estimated that using Gripple Rod Stiffeners for bracing the threaded rod, rather than a traditional strut system, saved a total of 5-6 hours of labour.
- Building Type: School
- Contractor: City Wye’d Electric Ltd.
- Services: Electrical
This contractor had limited experience with Gripple cable hangers, seismic braces, and other Gripple products prior to this job. Traditionally, when services are suspended with threaded rod, one of the methods of bracing the rod in conformance with seismic bracing specifications would involve using strut, cut to the appropriate lengths, and securing it to the rod using clamps. However, on this job, Gripple’s Rod Stiffener product was used. It’s a significantly lighter-weight alternative to strut, and requires no tools to install since the Rod Stiffener pieces simply ‘twist fit’ together over the threaded rod.
“We saved about 5-6 hours of typical prep time by using the Gripple Rod Stiffener over a traditional strut system.”
Frank, Site Foreman
Why use Gripple?
- Innovative, patented solutions designed by an in-house team of engineers
- Considerable reductions in packaging, vehicle movements & embodied CO2
- A range of support services at every stage of your project, provided by our technical team.
- A range of support services at every stage of your project, provided by a dedicated technical team