An innovative alternative to stiffening threaded rod without using struts, pipes or clamps
Mercy Hospital, Missouri
The 2011 Joplin tornado took more than 160 lives and directly hit the then, St. John’s Regional Medical Centre. Co-workers and volunteers evacuated 183 patients from the badly-damaged facility. The lessons learned during the tornado are evident in approximately $11 million in upgrades specifically designed to harden the new hospital against natural disasters. Gripple products were installed throughout.
- Project Name: Mercy Hospital
- Contractor: U.S. Engineering
- Completion Date:2013
- Building Type & Size:Healthcare, 5 floors
- Application:Seismic Bracing for Duct and Pipe
- Gripple Product Installed: Over 1,000 seismic braces
A Seismic cable bracing restraint system designed to secure non-structural equipment with a wire size of 3mm.
Gripple Seismic Bracing Systems are specifically designed and engineered to brace and secure suspended nonstructural equipment.
Why use Gripple?
- Significant time and cost savings on your project
- Considerable reductions in packaging, vehicle movements & embodied CO2
- A range of support services at every stage of your project, provided by our technical team