Supplied with QT Compact Clamps for lower profile support of pipework within mechanical and plumbing services.
UL Office and Lab, Vancouver
UL, formerly known as Underwriters Laboratories, is a consumer electronics testing, evaluation, and certification service with dozens of offices and labs worldwide.
- Building Type: Office and lab facility
- Contractor: Alliant Systems
- Services: HVAC
The company was in the process of relocating from a facility in Camas, WA to a new facility in Vancouver. Their new 49,503-square-foot facility underwent renovations to change the internal layout to allow it to be used for UL services, for example the addition of lab space. The contractor on this project, Alliant Systems, chose Gripple products to suspend 2,0000 linear feet of insulated copper pipe as part of the building’s VRF systems for heating and cooling.
Prior to this project, Alliant Systems had not used Gripple suspension products before. However, the Foreman chose Gripple because the installation time savings were so much more substantial compared to what he would have normally used to install the copper pipe run - specifically strut, pipe clamps, touchdowns, and plastic u-brackets. The Gripple products used were the low profile pipe brackets, compact twist clamps, No.2 XP cable hangers with 90 degree eyelet ends, and spreader bands. In addition to saving time and resulting in an aesthetically pleasing installation, the Foreman commented that Gripple is the best-looking product on the market, with the fastest installation.
“Best looking final product on the market today and fastest install on the market.”
Why use Gripple?
- Innovative, patented solutions designed by an in-house team of engineers
- Considerable reductions in packaging, vehicle movements & embodied CO2
- A range of support services at every stage of your project, provided by our technical team.
- A range of support services at every stage of your project, provided by a dedicated technical team