For cable basket and multi-tier installations.
Humber College - Barrett Centre for Technology Innovation, Toronto
The Barrett Centre for Technology Innovation is a multi-use, five storey, 93,000 square foot building on the campus of Humber College, Toronto.
- Building Type: College
- Contractor: Urban Electrical
- Services: Electrical
This building is a collaborative facility where teams from the college and community can solve real-world problems with the help of technological innovations, software, and equipment.
Traditionally, Urban Electrical would have used a standard threaded rod and strut system to support the cable trays. On this project, Gripple’s UniGrip Hanger was chosen specifically for its ease of installation to hang not only the cable trays, but the conduit racks as well. In addition, it was the perfect solution for creating single and double-tiered suspension configurations.
The main benefit that Gripple products offered the contractor on this project was time savings. Urban Electrical had received instructions that specific areas of the building needed to be turned over to the owner ahead of schedule, and Gripple’s ease of installation allowed the contractor to make that possible.
“Labour is the biggest part of any job. The Gripple system can speed the installation process significantly.”
- Darren Watchorn
Project Manager, Urban Electrical
Why use Gripple?
- Innovative, patented solutions designed by an in-house team of engineers
- Considerable reductions in packaging, vehicle movements & embodied CO2
- A range of support services at every stage of your project, provided by our technical team.
- A range of support services at every stage of your project, provided by a dedicated technical team