The all-steel Trapeze™ Plus FR is supplied with stainless steel wire for fire resistant services suspension
MGM Mirage, Las Vegas
The MGM MIRAGE City Center is truly a “city within a city”. In addition to hotels & residences, a casino, retail facilities, and convention center, it also has its own fire station, an on-site power plant, and tram system. It covers 68 acres, contains 7.4 million square feet, has utilized over 8,000 construction workers, and cost over $11 billion.
- Building Type: Hotel/Casino
- Main Contractor: Fisk Electric
- Services: Cable Tray on Strut
- Gripple Products used: Trapeze with Stud End Fixing
“Gripple hangs nice and straight, even when angled around other services. Threaded rod can’t do that!”
Gripple was the choice to hang cable tray throughout the 1 million sq. ft. Convention Center portion of the City Center project. Trapeze fasteners were used with 3/8” stud end fixings on 40 ft cable lengths. Prior to deciding to use Gripple on this job, the electrical contractor did a side by side test in two 300 ft corridors: one team installed using Gripple, and one team installed using threaded rod. The threaded rod team took eight days to complete their installations, while the Gripple team took only two days.
Why use Gripple?
- Significant time and cost savings on your project
- Complete, off-site solutions which minimise health and safety concerns
- Innovative, patented solutions designed by an in-house team of engineers
- Considerable reductions in packaging, vehicle movements & embodied CO2
- A range of support services at every stage of your project, provided by our technical team