Environmental Impact Surveys
We recognise that today’s buildings need to be designed to the highest environmental standards. In order to facilitate this, Gripple Technical Services is able to provide calculations, based on drawing submissions or site surveys, to determine the ECO2 savings when switching to lightweight wire rope suspension systems through our environmental impact surveys.
Substantial CO2 Savings with Gripple
We continuously strive to integrate sustainability into our product design process; a Gripple hanger today contains 30% less zinc than the original design, without compromising on strength or functionality.
There is also compelling data to support the use of Gripple solutions when compared with traditional systems; for every metre of Gripple wire rope specified to replace threaded rod, it is estimated that a saving of 1.2 kg of embodied CO2 is made. This equates to a total embodied CO2 saving of up to 95% when switching from threaded rod to Gripple wire rope on your next project. On a broader scale, in 2018, the use of Gripple solutions rather than traditional systems delivered an estimated saving of 20,000 tonnes – a huge environmental benefit within the context of the rapidly growing built environment.
Embodied CO2 Assessment and BREEAM or LEED Accreditation
Supporting evidence provided by our technical services team, in the form of CO2 savings based on drawing submissions and site surveys, can be submitted to BREEAM assessors in order to obtain BREEAM credits, or to LEED assessors for LEED points. Using Gripple solutions on your next project can help you earn points on local sourcing of materials, use of more carbon efficient materials, and innovation.
Contact our technical team for more details.
Why use Gripple?
- Significant time and cost savings on your project
- Complete, off-site solutions which minimize health and safety concerns
- Innovative, patented solutions designed by an in-house team of engineers
- Considerable reductions in packaging, vehicle movements, and embodied CO2
- A range of support services at every stage of your project, provided by a dedicated technical team
- Aesthetically pleasing solutions, lightweight, and virtually invisible