Building Information Modelling
- Building Information Modelling (BIM) is now a mandatory requirement for centrally funded government projects in the UK. Gripple Ltd. is the only supplier of wire rope suspension systems that offers consultants and contractors full BIM support in the form of 3D model families.
A Collaborative Way of Working
Building Information Modelling is a highly collaborative way of working and is fast becoming the preferred method of carrying out progressive private sector projects. By providing BIM solutions, designers can add both fixed and suspended supports for building services, and carry out clash detection in the virtual project environment.
Models are available in a range of file formats including .rfa, .ifc, and .dwg and offer full connectivity to product data which can be used to aid cost management, construction collaboration and facilities management. The Technical Services can also provide initial training to ensure the correct placement of Gripple BIM objects in 3D models.
Minimise Cost & Waste
Detailed schedules of Gripple components can be created meaning only the correct quantity of product is ordered, minimising cost and waste.
Gripple technical services has recognised the advantages that BIM brings to construction projects, and is committed to working with consultants and contractors to develop their BIM capabilities.
We recently helped Castle Building Services facilitate BIM on a new £22.5m high school project. We provided 3D Autodesk Revit files, alongside our installation design service and on-site training. Featuring Gripple Universal Brackets, QT Universal Clamps, Trapeze Plus & Cable Basket Adaptors, the Gripple system’s time saving simplicity, alongside dedicated technical support helped Castle complete the project six weeks ahead of schedule.
Why use Gripple?
- Significant time and cost savings on your project
- Complete, off-site solutions which minimize health and safety concerns
- Innovative, patented solutions designed by an in-house team of engineers
- Considerable reductions in packaging, vehicle movements, and embodied CO2
- A range of support services at every stage of your project, provided by a dedicated technical team
- Aesthetically pleasing solutions, lightweight, and virtually invisible